Well, in this task we took our final images from a previous course, Technical Illustration, and remade them digitally. I went for the photo-realistic approach but it wasn't really required. The tutor stated that I had a tine perspective error ;( Oh well!
The second picture is a capture of a closeup to show what it looks like zoomed in
I didn't really CHOOSE to illustrate a portrait of myself! I would have rather done a portrait of someone famous or interesting, but that's what the task brief specified :)
Created using Illustrator, and around a week's worth of work. What made it take so long was that I was trying to figure out how to construct the portrait with as little strokes as possible, minimizing the file size, and without compromising the "realistic" look of the face. The rest is blurry because only the face is the important part.